MEBAC Surfaced Rungs and Rung Covers
Ladders are one place where slips tend to have the most extreme consequences.
IKG® offers the ideal anti-slip solution with its proven line of MEBAC® slip-resistant coating. MEBAC slip-resistant coating is ideal when fabricating all types of ladder rungs and rung covers for both new and existing ladders. For new construction, IKG offers MEBAC surfaced ladder rungs. For retrofitting existing ladders, we offer MEBAC easy to install rung covers. MEBAC comes in a variety of surfaces, coatings and finishes for any application and can fabricated to your exact project specifications.
MEBAC meets or exceeds all known coefficient of friction requirements for ladders under wet or dry conditions. Versatile and economical, MEBAC surfaces are readily available from IKG and can be applied to solid, square carbon steel or aluminum bars on one side only.
Our surfaced rungs and rung covers are available in stock lengths of 10 in. (steel) and 12 in. (aluminum) or can be cut to a specific length for your application. MEBAC ladder rung covers are available in two sizes to install over existing ¾- or 1-in. round rungs. Application of MEBAC rung covers can bring existing ladders to current slip-resistant standards.
Click on the links below to learn more about MEBAC surfaced rungs and rung covers.
- Can be fabricated to your exact specifications
- Available in two sizes to install over existing ¾- or 1-in. round rungs; they can bring existing ladders to current slip-resistant standards
- Available in various MEBAC surface options
- Consistently high Coefficient of Friction under a wide range of conditions
- Provides margins of safety unmatched in the industry
- Listed as slip resistant by Underwriters Laboratories
- Durable and strong
- Readily available from IKG
- Low maintenance
- Meets or exceeds BOCA, UBC and OSHA Standard Loading Requirements and exceed Mil C-81346A, 4.7.4 Fire Resistance Requirements
Solid, square carbon steel
MEBAC applied to one side only
¾-in. square and 1-in. square sizes
Stock length of 10 ft or cut-to-length to meet your needs
Solid, square aluminum bar
- MEBAC applied to one side only
- Available in 1-in. square only
- Available in stock length of 12 ft or cut-to-length to meet your needs
Refer to MEBAC General Information for additional details on manufacturing limitations and MEBAC Galvanizing Guidelines for information on galvanizing any product that has been coated with MEBAC.
Mill Finish Carbon Steel MEBAC will rust readily if exposed to moisture. Care must be taken during transit and storage to protect from moisture. We recommend a quality rust inhibitive coating be applied after application of Mill Finished Steel MEBAC to protect the surface from rusting.