MEBAC Treads/Stair Treads
MEBAC® proprietary slip-resistant surfaces from IKG® can be applied to treads and stair treads as an added safety feature.
It is ideal when superior slip resistance is required in areas such as busy stair areas in factory or manufacturing floors where liquids such as oil, cutting fluids or coolant are present.
MEBAC Surfaced Steel Z-Treads is a staircase system that uses a single piece of 3/16-in. carbon steel plate to form 6- to 7-inch risers, treads and stringer attachment brackets with no welds.
Z-Treads provide a fast, economical method to design and construct a steel staircase with built-in, long-term slip-resistance that is durable, strong and low maintenance. It provides a superior coefficient of friction under wet or dry conditions. The simplicity and versatility of Z-Treads allows fast, easy field erection, saving time and money.
IKG MEBAC Z-Treads meet or exceed BOCA, UBC and OSHA standard loading requirements and exceed Mil C-81346A, 4.7.4 fire resistance requirements.
MEBAC is not only the industry leader in anti-slip coatings, but the originator of the most durable, versatile and economical line of anti-slip coatings that can be applied to almost any surface for any application. Our sales team is standing by to supply product information, take your order or answer any questions on your next project.
- Fabricated per your plans and specifications
- Accommodates risers of 6- to 7-inches
- Available in various MEBAC surface options
- Consistently high Coefficient of Friction under a wide range of conditions
- Provides margins of safety unmatched in the industry
- Listed as slip resistant by Underwriters Laboratories
- Durable and strong
- Low maintenance
- Economical due to its long life cycle
- Simple and versatile, allows fast, easy field erection, saving time and money
- Apply once, it provides slip resistance for years
- Meets or exceeds BOCA, UBC and OSHA standard loading requirements and exceed Mil C-81346A, 4.7.4 Fire Resistance Requirements
- MEBAC General Information for additional details on manufacturing limitations
- MEBAC Z-Treads Technical Data
- How to Specify MEBAC Z-Treads
- MEBAC Galvanizing Guidelines for information on galvanizing any product that has been coated with Mebac
Mill Finish Carbon Steel MEBAC will rust readily if exposed to moisture. Care must be taken during transit and storage to protect from moisture. We recommend a quality rust inhibitive coating be applied after application of Mill Finished Steel MEBAC to protect the surface from rusting.