Line of Anti-Slip Floor Coating
IKG’s MEBAC® slip-resistant surfaces are manufactured to provide the absolute best in safety.
Produced using a proprietary arc spray process, IKG provides a best-in-class, slip-resistant surface that is uniform and extremely durable. MEBAC® slip-resistant surfaces are fast becoming a critical part of many companies’ safety programs.
Unlike other anti-slip coatings, MEBAC surfaces are not made of tape, resin or paint. Instead molten metal is sprayed onto the surface and a grit media, available in different sizes for different applications, is then encapsulated with additional coats of the molten metal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is MEBAC®?
MEBAC (Metal Bonded Anti-Slip Coating) is an IKG exclusive safety product. This coating can be applied to all IKG stock and fabricated grating. Unlike other anti-slip coatings, MEBAC® surfaces are not made up of tape, resin or paint. Instead molten metal is sprayed onto the required metal surface and a grit media, available in different sizes for different applications, is then encapsulated with additional coats of the molten metal. It offers a consistently high coefficient of friction (minimum .60 C.O.F required by most municipalities) under a wide range of conditions.
What are the advantages of using MEBAC®?
- Safety: No other product can excceed MEBAC®’s consistently high results for coefficient of friction in a wide range of conditions.
- Economy: Although the initial price of MEBAC® may be somewhat higher than other anti-slip surfaces, it is the most economical for the life cycle of the product.
- Fabrication Flexibility: MEBAC® coatings can be applied either before or after fabrication of metal components.
- Availability: IKG’s MEBAC® production cycle is short enough that manufacturing lead times rarely exceed three weeks for standard material, and are more commonly between one to two weeks depending on shop cycle time.
Where is MEBAC® typically applied?
MEBAC® is available on standard size material, stock and custom fabricated plate and grating, on various nosing types for the leading edge of individual stairs in a stairway, as MEBAC® Z-Tread steel stair steps, on ladder rungs and rung covers, or for application to customer supplied material.
- Cab Guards – tree trimming trucks
- Metal Smelters – walkways, tank bottoms and loading areas
- Automotive Manufacturing – Engine Test Carousel & passenger car assembly lines
- Navy Yard Patrol Vessels – On aluminum plate in engine room
- Shipbuilding Yards – Tread nosings
- Telephone Comanies – Vault covers
- And More!
Even when subjected to water and lubricants, the MEBAC® surface meets OSHA standards for a safe working surface.
MEBAC’s durability is the result of bonding and exceptional wear resistance, serving to expose an even tougher wearing material.
Tests have shown that a MEBAC® surface acts in composite with the metal substrate giving the metal extra strength.